Saturday 3 September 2022

Food spending



 As I said on this post, I have a Very Big Project in mind which I won't be telling you about for some considerable time.  It is going to take quite a bit of financial planning so at the moment I am just trying to save, save, save.  I'm getting back on this blog to make myself more accountable!

I decided that my food budget for 2022 would be £1825.   I know that looks an odd number but it is actually £5 per day averaged through the year.  Experience has taught me that I spend more on food in October, November and December so it's important to save now.  My average daily spend was 

January            £3.65 

February        £4.42

March             £4.98 

April.            £4.69 

May                £4.17

June                £4.07 

July                £4.10 

August            £4.21 

Just for comparison, my average daily spend in 2021 was £6.22 so I think I will give myself a gold star so far this year.  However, I know I will spend more money on food around Christmas so I need to be careful now.



2 comments:

  1. Good luck with your goal. It seems a sensible way to set a Target.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting! Having a goal in mind helps to make the work in saving worth the while.

    ReplyDelete