Monday 28 October 2019

Focus!

Yet again I need to take myself in hand!

Yesterday I made rubbish food choices - it's a long time since I had a whole day of bad choices but yesterday was devoid of healthy fruit or veg and alarmingly high on both fats and refined carbs.  So tackling the diet is must become a focus.  I'm not trying to lose weight  - I'm talking about "diet" as my total food intake

I defrosted the freezer a few days and it's full of lovely food, dishes I have batch cooked and frozen.  I really have no excuse for poor dietary choices.  What's more unless I eat some of that lovely food I will have no space to store the lovely foods I expect to buy or cook in the lead-up to Christmas.

My grocery spend this month is a little higher than I would like - not much but it has definitely been a "could do better" sort of month.

So, my focus from now to the end of November is to have a food budget of just £1 per day.  So that's £34 for 34 days. 

I'll let you l know how I spend it and what I find in my freezer and other stores and whether my menus improve.  They really couldn't get much worse.

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I hope so. It would help both health and finances.

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your challenge, if anyone can succeed it's you. Our diet has been poor, we had young grandson for weekend, who would not eat proper meals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a problem eating with children isn't it. I haven't even got that excuse, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've lost 5lb over the last few weeks but today has been bad, I've eaten way too much chocolate :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done on the 5lbs. I lose weight very gradually these days - about 7lbs each year - but I am slowly disappearing!

      Delete
  5. You can do this!!

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so. I wish I could be as disciplined about menu planning as you are!

      Delete