Friday 17 February 2023

Year on year

  

Way back in April 2022 I said I was going to try and reduce my grocery spend.  I gave my figures since 2018 and said that in 2022 I was going to reduce the weekly spend from £44.17 per week to £35 which I called "a very considerable reduction".  As inflation has been so high I thought that might be an understatement!

But I managed it.  In fact I cut it from £44.17 to £31.85 which has amazed me!

I've put the figures below and have also listed my eating out spending.  Eating out includes coffees and snacks as well as the occasional meal.  In 2020 and 2021 such treats were very curtailed because of the pandemic and I felt a little anxious that once the compulsory restraint was over my spend would once again soar.  That hasn't happened - I still take my own snacks if I go out for the day and I have reduced the frequency of meals out with friends.

                                2018                2019            2020            2021    2022

Av grocery               £56.81            £52.92        £47.17          £44.17    £31.85   

Eating out                £15.45            £17.77        £5.27            £0.49        £3.23

Total                        £72.76              £70.69        £52.44        £44.66        £35.08

So the big question is, how did I manage to spend so much in 2018?

7 comments:

  1. That is super impressive! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's amazing, I record my spending on craft and gardening, and have reduced my spend. We record our daily spend for a month or two when we are going shopping more, just to see what we are spending, it always helps us to stop the overspend, but I've never done it over a year.

      Delete
    2. Several years ago I won some budgetting software and I've tracked all my spending ever since. This year I will be concentrating on craft and gardening too as my garden has to be totally redesigined following alterations and I don't want to overspend. Craft is a permanent temptation!

      Delete
  2. Wow, did you ever do great in cutting your budget. What an awesome job.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was such a good year that I don't remember!

    ReplyDelete