Thursday 2 December 2021

Back to the fridge

 After six days I still haven't needed to go shopping but with food supplies like mine that is no deprivation

The fridge has gone from this


to this









There are definite gaps but I doubt if I will starve.


Today I tackled the butternut squash which had been bottom right in the first picture and I made soup, using the squash, an onion, two potatoes a carrot, a wallop of chopped ginger and a spoonful of honey plus stock.  Just the thing for a cold day.


And improved by home made bread!


6 comments:

  1. We love butternut squash soup. Just discovered how wonderful it is last year.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like there are still plenty of food options in the fridge. That soup and bread looks TASTY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been doing well with this challenge! I too have ben trying to be much more conscientious about not wasting food!
    My challenge will start in January - I plan on halving my food budget for 3 months so that I use up more of the food I already have (a fairly decent pantry) and save some money.

    ReplyDelete