Sunday 8 November 2020

The Marrow part 2

 I don't plan on having an extended relationship with the marrow but I don't want to end our friendship with the marrow and I still un-united so today I cooked some more of it.  I cooked a slice (peeled and deseeded) with my lunchtime pork chop, rather like Mother would cook some with the Sunday roast.  It was OK.  I had a sense of virtue on not wasting it but it would never be at the top of my personal hit parade.  



Yesterday I showed you a roasting tin filled with vegetables.  It was peeled and deseeded marrow, chopped and chunked potatoes and some sage from the garden along with some oil.  I roasted them whilst my yesterday stuffed marrow was cooking then today I sweated an onion, fished out most of the sage and discarded it before I added he marrow and potato mixture to the onions to make marrow, potato and sage soup which sounded good but wasn't brilliant.  I ate some and will eat it all but may experiment to add a little more flavour.  However, I could add marrow to other vegetable combinations to get another fruit-and-veg-five-a-day.  We shall see.  

About two thirds of the marrow has now disappeared.

5 comments:

  1. Looks good, what's in store for the last third😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely that you are not letting any go to waste.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very good. I'm afraid I just cant bear marrow, something to do with the tastelessness, or the memory of marrow jam during the war maybe.

    ReplyDelete