Friday 29 November 2019

£1.75 left

A week ago I had £6.35 of my original £34 and today I needed to get a few bits to last me over the weekend.  I bought celery, cucumber, butter and bread spending £5.10.  I decided to buy a loaf as I wanted sliced bread to make some sandwiches.  £5.10 seemed like a lot for so little but I shopped at  a local Co-op rather than drive 18 miles to go to Lidl.

So, the budget lasted.  However, I am not kidding myself that I ate only £32.25 worth of food.  I started off with a well-stocked freezer and tin store and they still look pretty full.  I have long been in the habit of making soups and stews and freezing portions.  I shall repeat this project fairly soon but December is not the month to be austere.

What is even more important is that the diet has been pretty healthy.  I have prioritised fresh vegetables and have eaten celery, cucumber, carrots, cabbage and onions very regularly, none of which is expensive.  I have enjoyed what I have eaten but will also enjoy a few treats next month!


3 comments:

  1. You did great with your challenge!! You even have money leftover.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fully Wise decision.

    Keep up the healthy... Enjoy some treats.... If we don't do that, now and then, our "good" eating plan, becomes sooooo harrrrrrd, that we give up, and binge. Undoing all the previous good eating.

    Hooray for the whole Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant challenge and you did so well.

    ReplyDelete