Sunday 4 August 2019

August activities 4 Helping a Brownie

I'm disabled and I often need help so it's a deeply appreciated pleasure when I can give help.  Marie is a Brownie of my acquaintance and she's very keen on taking badges, both at Brownies and at the swimming club.  What she isn't keen on is sewing her badges onto her Brownie blanket and neither her mum not her grandma is much help in that direction so I've become badge sewer in chief.
A couple of weeks ago I received her latest batch of badges, three for swimming and one for Brownies so today I set to with my needle.  Marie is away on her holidays at the moment so it will be waiting for her when she returns.

Just a small project to report today but I've also been working on two more projects which I'll report on soon.  

7 comments:

  1. I know you love to help. Does she getting a sewing badge? She could learn a small skill like sewing on a badge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's got a lot of interests and I think sewing would come way down on her list!

      Delete
  2. I think you'll have to put the sewing badge on your pinny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I wonder of the brownies would let me have one?

      Delete
  3. What a lovely thing to do.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another thing we have in common, sewing on those badges!

    ReplyDelete