Saturday 14 March 2015

Almost there

Saturday is always spent in seclusion here at Frugal Follies.  Usually I do very little on Saturdays but today I have been gently busy.  I have been making a hundred an twenty invitations for somebody else's birthday party.  And all the stuff has come from my stash and is my gift for the birthday girl.

I'm really pleased to be able to do this.  It's a real win:win.  I haven't spent anything and the person hasn't got yet another "thing" to find a home for.  It would cost her a lot of money to have the invitations made professionally, more than I would have spent on a present, and she's got something totally unique.  

And I haven't broken into my tenner.

4 comments:

  1. Well done! Wow, that is a lot of invitations. She must be a very special person and it sounds like a fun party will be in your future. Someone should save there invite for her, complete with envelop and postmark to mark the date.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea! Keeps you busy and makes good use of your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on not spending that tenner! You've had quite the string of good luck in that regard. Off to have a look at Penny Golightly. Think I visit that site once a year when someone does the tenner week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done making the invitations. I am sure they are lovely!

    ReplyDelete