Thursday 2 January 2020

First spends!

I hadn't bought any food since 23rd December but today I bought a couple of lemons.  I've got a truly disgusting cold at the moment and I can't down my usual tipple of black coffee so instead I've been having an eighth of a lemon in boiling water.  Fortunately I had bought several lemons ready for Christmas but the supply is getting very low so a friend fetched me two lemons from the Co-op.  45p each!  Normally I just wouldn't pay that but at the moment they feel important.  

I've had a forage in the freezer and found some salmon.  Life is hard!

6 comments:

  1. We are living out of the freezer and store cupboard too. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope lemons make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon. I made lemon curd out if my lemons because I didn't use them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope that you feel better very soon. It is horrible to have a really bad cold.

    Lemons are very expensive at this time of year I find.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tomorrow is grocery day here and I am just tasting those lemons you are speaking of. Might pick up a couple, sounds so sunny!

    ReplyDelete