Saturday 30 March 2019

Even better than a Lidl veg box.

I've been feeling slightly envious this week - my next door neighbours are off to Spain for several weeks.  However, this has definitely been A Good Thing for me!

The first phone call came Thursday.  Could I use the remaining contents of their fridge and freezer?   Now I am definitely a girl who doesn't need to be asked a question like that more than once so I'm now better off by two packs each of cheese and butter, about a dozen Yorkshire puds, plus peas, mince and pizza are all happily in my stores.

The second call came Friday. How would I feel about the contents of the vegetable rack?  I'd feel very grateful, that's how I'd feel!  Which is why I'm now making a butternut soup and I've got all this lovely stuff in my fridge!

I think that must be a whole week's groceries for me - and all free! 

(I shall make them something when they come home though.)

5 comments:

  1. Really excited to read that Lidl are rolling out their Wonky Veg scheme across the nation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we go away our youngest daughter raids the fridge and takes it all. I can't stand food waste, enjoy your soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul, and helps them not have any waste. Your soup sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very generous! And benefits all -- no waste for them and what a great deal for you! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete