Saturday 2 March 2019

It's been a long time!

Well, hello if you're reading this - which you are, of course!

Thank you for coming here.  It's a very long time since I wrote on this blog but this feels like a good time to come back.

Thing is, I want to save some money.  Now I'm never going to be an extreme frugalleur (and I don't feel the need) but I'd like to have a wee bit more money to spend on the things I choose.  It's not just things for now, like holidays, but my more long term well-being with enough money to last into my old age.  I'm sixty seven now so I'm no spring chicken, but my lifestyle for the next ten, twenty, maybe even thirty years depends on the choices I make now.  My mother, grandmother and great-grandmother all lived into their nineties so who knows!

Anyway, I want to live below my means by £400 per month.  That means I've either got to get more money in or it means I have to let less money out.  It sounds so simple!

Lets see how I go.  

8 comments:

  1. Looking forward to hearing how you get on. My current health situation prevents me from earning anything from Supply Teaching. So I'm seriously looking at spending less rather than earning more. Downsizing for retirement in 2 years - but my surplus possessions aren't worth anything much. I'm generating about £5 a month selling books to Ziffit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was interested to read your post today about Touchpoints http://angalmond.blogspot.com/2019/03/rewards-and-reviews.html I do a lot of surveys but I hadn't heard of that one. I do a lot of surveys, basically because I'm on my own a lot of the time. I am surprised how much I earn when I tot it up.

      Delete
  2. So many of us are at the same stage, trying to ensure we have enough savings (we can always hope), whilst we are fit enough to earn an income or use our energy in making savings. Like you we don't need to live super frugle, but the need to save on our spending and add to our savings is high on our minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear from you again. I'm always interested in ways of saving money.

    ReplyDelete