Monday 25 March 2019

Just a small thing

I really enjoy doing puzzles, especially Sudoku.  I keep some by my bedside and do a few before I go to sleep.  There's something about managing to solve a problem which I find very relaxing and it helps me nod off.  I also keep some by my armchair, maybe slightly harder ones, to entertain myself in a quiet moment.

However, in January I realised that I had spent over £8 on puzzle books and I wondered if I could cut this down a bit.  I also realised that I was throwing out a lot of paper which is printed on one side only (junk mail, stuff I need to print for Sunday use etc.) and I decided to solve two problems at once.  I went on line and found various Sudoku sites and settled eventually with 1sudoku and I'm now able to print six sudoku to an A4 piece of paper.  I print a selection every week, fold them and pack them into  an Amazon packaging sleeve.  I can pop a pen into the sleeve and it's even more convenient than having a book - I even use the sleeve as a hard surface for writing!

Printer ink is probably the most expensive fluid to come into this house but even taking that into account this is great - and although the paper still has to go to recycling eventually, it has been very well used before it goes.

7 comments:

  1. I like Killer Sudoku, and have found an online one which gives me 3 a day. Also I do the Guardian crossword online. (that's a good one because it saves the puzzle and I can start it, go away, and finish it later) printer ink is pricey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like doing the Guardian crossword on line and also the Independent.

      Delete
  2. I do Sudoku each day on my phone, I get up to 10 puzzles to chose from, so I can do them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good. The site I've mentioned seems to be unlimited - or maybe I haven't hit the limit!

      Delete
  3. The DBEM does Sudoku and Codecracker and buys books for those. I do those in the paper when I buy it on Saturdays and on line. They are great exercise for the Little Grey Cells aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't done Codecrackers for ages - I think I'll have to seek them out as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good thinking, Mary! I don't like to feel like I am wasting resources so this is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete