Thursday 2 July 2020

Double Oh Dear!

The first Oh Dear! is an apology because I haven't blogged since this time last month.  Sorry about that.

The second Oh Dear! is because I've had budgetting problems.  About three weeks ago my laptop died.  I really hammer my 'pooters as they are used on my lap and they get damaged rather easily.  Anyway I went to my usual techie type chap who also said Oh Dear!  The laptop needed a new motherboard and as it was four years old it seemed better to replace it completely.  However, he set up the new one for me and transferred everything which he could transfer from the old one.  

What we couldn't retrieve was my old budget and tracking information so I had to work out my expenditure from alternative records.  Fortunately it was just a couple of weeks worth of figures which needed retrieving.

So, let's look how things are going.  As far as I know I reduced my grocery expenditure by nearly fifty pounds last month (I keep a separate detailed record of grocery spending).  This means that it's at roughly pre Covid levels.  Also I am no longer eating out so that's a huge saving.  I had to buy some petrol (£30) but that was the first I've bought since early March.  My gardener/handyman is back and I am paying my cleaner a retainer so that's quite a lot.  

And apart from the usual bills which I pay by monthly direct debit I've spent very little else.  I've had quite a bit in from surveys etc.  So despite my Oh Dears! and buying a computer I was still able to stash £50,

So I think I can say, Oh Dear! Oh Dear! Well done Dear!


7 comments:

  1. Well I think you've done splendidly. I still haven't had my newer laptop sorted. But my old one is good with the addition of a new keyboard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back-you've been missed. I thought maybe you were having some time with your family after the passing of your aunt. I hope you have been getting peace and comfort from each other through your good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I break computers, I actually have pieces fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is impressive to save so much. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have found that my food bills have gone up during this time, not sure why. Well done for reducing your expenses!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done for certain. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well done. Our food bills are still fairly high, but I am hoping once the garden begins producing they will drop.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete