I tackled the Dyson! I feel proud about that. It wasn't easy. (Can you tell that I'm talking myself up?)
When I got it up on the table there were three screws which needed removing in order to get the soleplate off. Two came out easily. One didn't.
Feeling resourceful I looked on line and found that the technical name for my problem is "a screw with a stripped head". If nothing else this experience has expanded my vocabulary. Sole plate. Screw with stripped head.
The recommended method for removing said screws is to get a large rubber band and lay it over the screw in the hope that the rubber will fill the gaps and allow extraction.
So I way-laid the postie. Fortunately I feed him ice lollies in the summer so we get on very well. He gave me a band and one extra for luck.
Even my lucky band didn't work. The screw remained firmly in place. I was feeling like a helpless woman, a feeling which I deeply resent.
|I also worked out how to use my new camera!|
Because I also feel ashamed at how much I managed to get out of my blocked machine.