I tackled the second drawer yesterday. It wasn't as bad as the first one. That is not saying much as I couldn't have stuffed another postcard into the first one!
Anyway, the second drawer. This is how it started.
And this is how it finished. It doesn't look a lot different! I've located batteries from various places around the house and emptied them into the boxes in this drawer. I have got far too many batteries! Treasures I'd forgotten I had include a tin of dice, a roll of cash bags, a battery charger, a pager/alarm and a first aid kit.
Because this drawer was less of a challenge I also dealt with the Christmas cards, again making gift tags and card pieces of a useful size. and I've updated my Christmas card database ready for next year.
So that's two ex-messy places created and a potential mess for next Christmas averted. This can't last!