Sunday 17 November 2019

The budget is still holding!

I started this project on October 27th with a budget of £34 to last until 30th November so I am well over half way through.   Last weekend I reported here that I still had £24.21 in my purse.

Yesterday I went to Lidl and spent £9.71, by far my biggest weekly spend since I started.  £4.20 of that went on Mozzarella and Cheddar cheese.  The remaining £5.71 went on celery, cucumber, potatoes grapes and tomatoes. 

For various reasons I keep a food diary.  The day before I started I wrote a simple annotation, "SERIOUSLY UNHEALTHY CHOICES".  Since then I have kept a note of how many vegetable/fruit portions I have eaten each day.  On one day I had only one portion but some days I've had ten different veggies and most days I've had more than five so I'm happy with that.  I've had at least ten portions of oily fish, mostly sardines and salmon.  

So I feel very happy with the month so far.  Thirteen days to go.  

3 comments:

  1. You are doing really well with the budge. It's hard getting your 5 a day in sometimes, I agree writing stuff down helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't keep a food diary, but each day I think about what I am going to eat and what I have eaten. I usually eat at least four fruits and four vegetable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are doing extremely well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete