Monday 3 June 2019

Money in May

Definitely a 'fessing up post.  I really haven't done very well.

I have only managed to set aside £280 rather than the £400 I had hoped for.  My monthly average is still well above £400 this year so I'm not despondent, just disappointed.  

Food purchases have been a lot higher at £165, way above budget.  In my defence I have to say that a friend is arriving today to stay for a few days and part of that expenditure has been putting a few goodies in the fridge, freezer and liquor locker.  I've also booked and paid for some activities for us although she will pay me her share when she arrives.

The killer for the budget has been paid help, always necessary for me.  My cleaner comes every other Thursday but that meant she came three times in May.  I've needed a lot of help in the garden too.  It is in employing help that disability becomes very expensive!  £235 expensive!

May has also been a very sociable month.  I go out for lunch with several groups of friends and in June, July and August it is often difficult to organise dates so May gets busy.  

Thank goodness for a new month! 

3 comments:

  1. We were underbudget in May, but I was so very close to being over budget for food. With costs rising it is hard to really figure out what a good budget is for this line.

    This is going to be a bad spend month for us as we have a family reunion to attend and the cost of the cabin is way more than I like paying, the central air is being put in, and my television went kaboom. Hopefully July and August will not be as bad.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you saving up for, Mary? I go over my budget some months but it is usually because I have been out with friends or family and I can't put a price on that. Don't worry, it is only money and there are so many things that are more important. Enjoy your visitor, have fun. Mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not anything specific - yet! I did a review of my finances and feel I need to have rather more in reserve than I currently have. (I have ideas for the future but this need is first)

      Delete