Monday 2 April 2018

Lazy day - Day 14

I am feeling rather lazy today but I was determined to do a little bit of decluttering.  I managed to find fourteen books to go to the Oxfam bookshop.
No, I'm not sending my watch!

Oxfam book shops  are very well organised and I can gift aid stuff very easily just by giving them my Oxfam Gift Aid Registration Number.  Every few months they send me a letter telling me how much my stuff has been sold for and how much income tax they have been able to recover.

I prefer to give my clothes to the Sally Ann as they will give items to those who are in desperate need.  Also their shop is a bit of a social centre for people who have few places to go.  I feel that Oxfam asks a lot for clothes and thus excludes those who are in need.  

So I've now done Day 14 and Day 30 according to my "interesting" rules.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting selection of books you have there! I generally sell my outgoing books to a used book shop or donate to the local library. I need to do some decluttering on my bookshelves as well since there is a slim to none chance I am ever going to quit buying books (although my Kindle has been getting a good workout lately) I need to have room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool collection of books. they're all very focused on handiwork. c:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good titles they will go well. Usually its all romance novels. I have boycotted Oxfam for now as I want to see they have sorted out their safeguarding issues!

    ReplyDelete