Tuesday 17 October 2017

A Comping update

You may remember that back in August I won a £500 fashion voucher.  I spent about half on me and half on Christmas presents.  The presents are considerably more costly than I would normally buy but the recipients know this is a one-off and their chance to share in my good fortune.  However, that's a nice chunk off my usual Christmas shopping bill, I've got most of my presents bought now, and I've got some special clothes for the Christmas season.

Today I visited a friend who is in the early stages of Alzheimer's disease and sadly it is beginning to be more evident so I came home feeling rather sad.  Nothing can take away that sadness but I was cheered a little by the news that I have won another competition, this time for a sturdy pair of winter shoes.   I had quite a choice but these will be very useful.  

Back in the summer I won a rather nice hotel break which I gave to a friend and her husband.  She is coming to stay with me for a few days and she is treating us both to a spa day while she is here.  

Not bad this comping lark!



6 comments:

  1. Winter boots are really nice to have. Good for you! Alzheimer's disease is my greatest fear. I can understand why you are feeling so sad. It is very painful to watch your friend cannot remember so many things we take for granted. When our memories are gone, there is nothing left to make a person who he/she is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, I am starting to look at competitions as I have spare time at home, I already do some surveys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on a roll I think, keep comping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a roll! And I shall definitely carry on.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations, and practical winnings as well. Much more so than a can of Spam and a hockey t shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. But it was early wins like a can of Spam and a hockey t shirt which spurred me on! (And Jack looked PDG in the t shirt.)

    ReplyDelete