Friday 16 September 2016

A September joy

It's sad when the runner beans come to an end.

It's sad when the curtains have to be drawn earlier and earlier each evening.

It's sad when lovely summer clothes have to be packed away to make room for warm jumpers.

But today I knew a special September joy for one of the joys of winter is to load the slow cooker before going out and then come home to the tempting aromas of a lamb casserole just waiting to be ladled on to the plate.

Maybe winter isn't so bad.

7 comments:

  1. Nothing nicer than coming home to a warm dry house on a wet evening, shutting the blinds and snuggling down for the evening. Cat on your lap and a mug of something hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think its the curtains drawn early that drives me to sadness more than anything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all seasons have their good points but I especially like autumn. October to be more specific. I love October -- we should have it every month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean. But I enjoy the fact that we do experience seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the change of seasons - even though ours in NZ are the opposite of yours. We are entering salads and barbecue season here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes. I know what you mean; I am looking forward to doing the same thing with the Rayburn. I am actually Loking forward to hunkering down with the fire lit and sitting in the living room instead of watching TV; the weather is definitely getting a little fresher just now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely a summer girl, not a lover of winter at all, but I agree about the slow cooker. I don't work so it's just as easy for me to pop a casserole in the oven later on in the day, but there's nothing nicer than the aroma wafting from the slow cooker throughout the day, it certainly gets your taste buds going.

    ReplyDelete