Monday 14 September 2015

Remember me?

  • It’s a whole week since I wrote on this blog so I think I ought to report in.
  •  
  • The dehydrator is again full of tomatoes.  This is the third batch I have done.  Most I have semi dried and then frozen but I filled a jar with some along with a few capers and some olive oil mixed with crushed garlic.  The main problem is keeping my paws off the jar.  They are totally delicious!  I bought a jar of dried tomatoes in Lidl yesterday to compare with my home made stuff and mine knock the commercial ones to a cocked hat.  OK, maybe I’m prejudiced!  I don’t know if mine would keep as well as the Lidl ones but I see no need to find out.
  •  
  • My MOOCs are both going well.  The Nutrition and Wellbeing one technically finished last week but I haven’t finished the material yet.  I’ve been enjoying it so much that I did far more than the minimum and have hardly started the final week’s materials yet.  The one on Falls I am actually enjoying even more. 
  •  
  • My holiday is in three weeks so I’m turning my thoughts to preparation.  Quite honestly, I prepare more for coming back home than I do for going on holiday!  I like to leave the house extra tidy, as many jobs as possible done up to date and my life ready for me to step back into it.  

2 comments:

  1. I will try drying tomatoes next year. The flavour is intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad the courses are going well - I've bookmarked the site. A holiday to look forward to - how exciting to anticipate - and how sensible to prepare all you can in advance.

    ReplyDelete