Monday 7 September 2015

Another MOOC

This is just a quick post to alert anyone who is interested to a MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) which starts today on the subject of falls.  Go to https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/falls

I know some of my readers are carers for people who have a risk of falling and others are at risk of falling themselves.  This course is on risk management and strategies and is run by the University of Newcastle and Newcastle Upon Tyne Hospitals' Falls and Syncope Service.  It's free and takes only four weeks.  I normally allow about three or four hours a week for a MOOC but that does not have to be in one big chunk - I sometimes watch a video while I'm having a coffee .  

Signing on to a MOOC is easy. If you don't like it you can drop out with no fuss made.  If the subject is interesting and relevant to you - have a go!

2 comments:

  1. This would have been a good idea if I had more time. Both myself and our son have falls, but they are very unpredictable because of what causes them. Our son is still recovering from a fall 2 months ago and injured himself again a week ago. Such a worry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope he didn't hurt himself too badly. Falls are frightening and, as you say, unpredictable.

    ReplyDelete