Friday 26 November 2021

The Fridge

 When I made my decision to eat down my supplies I had just been shopping so I had new stuff to deal with as well as stuff which had taken up long term residency in the fridge.  The fridge was very full and very disorganised and, while I haven't fully inventoried it yet, I have made a start on organising it.  

Fruit and vegetables which had been in plastic bags has now been transferred to dishes or net bags.  Some of the vegetables have been transferred to the vegetable box in the conservatory/utility room so tat I can see better what is left in the fridge.  

There was a head of calabrese which had been there for several days so it got made into soup.  The pack of cooking bacon was cut into lardons: a few lardons were then cooked for salad and soup garnishes in the next couple of days while the rest were made into 100g packs and frozen.  The chicken thighs have now been skinned and deboned and again frozen although the skin and bones are still simmering to make stock.  

My main aim in organising the fridge is to make sure I can see everything so there is less chance things will be wasted.  I threw away one apple and one courgette this morning.

6 comments:

  1. Very organised indeed. Re yourapple....I watched a Blackbird spend almost the whole day pecking at a fallen apple on the lawn. He was making the most of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm watching with interest to see how this goes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you have the makings of many delicious things in there! .. and excellent supply of fruit and veg!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like you have lots of food and can find it. Organizing is the only way to find food in my refrigerator!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done and what a great selection. You should be set for awhile.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wrap your celery in tin foil. It will last far longer than you expect. Or, cut the ends off and store them in water.

    ReplyDelete