Wednesday 2 March 2016

Sad sorting

I used to have a lovely cocker spaniel called Fido.  I had never met a dog called Fido and I found that a lot of other people hadn't either until they met my little dog.

Sadly I had to have him euthanised a while ago.  I sent most of his stuff like his baskets and bowls to the local dog rescue but I had never got around to sorting the rest of his bits and pieces.  Anyway I've done it now and much of this lot will also be going to dog rescue.

4 packs wormer

3 grooming tools
1 extending lead
1 tugging toy
1 de-odouriser
2 blankets
1 string plastic sausages
1 squeaky bone
2 packs dog food
1 bag poo bags
2 packs wormer
1 pack joint care sticks
1 muzzle
2 hide “bones”
2 hide chews
1 detangling spray
1 pack ear drops
3 packs flea treatment

If/When I get a another dog we'll start afresh with toys etc.  In the meantime some other dog and its human may as well have the use.

2 comments:

  1. We took everything to an animal shelter charity shop when we lost our little Jack Russell Harry after almost 17 years. I love the idea that I helping another animal with the donation and the money it makes. I too want another dog one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad but at least there is the blessing of knowing that Fido's things are going to a very worthy cause - where I'm sure funds are low. In this economic climate many poor animals are being parted with - or just discarded.

    ReplyDelete