Tuesday 10 November 2015

Frogs

I'm sorry I haven't been around much but I have had a few days of eating frogs.  I am sure you all know that if you have to eat a frog, the best thing to do is to eat it early in the day so that for the rest of the day you know that the worst thing you have to do today has already been done. You didn't know that?  Well, you do now.

I keep chipping away at the Room of Shame and will take you back in there soon, but of rather more urgency has been doing a little financial re-organising.  This was provoked by the closure of the only bank in our little town.  I've long done most of my banking on-line but have always used one of the Big Four banks (even though I knew I could get a better deal elsewhere) because I felt that it was worth supporting banks which provide a service in rural areas.  Well, they have changed their policy on that one so I decided to go for the better deal.

Never one to do things by halves this provoked a full scale money makeover.  So far I have changed my broadband/TV/telephone package, my car insurance,my energy tariff, my current account and my credit card.  None of these has been easy, largely because of my personal inefficiency, and the whole procedure has taken rather a lot of energy so blogging is taking a back seat

9 comments:

  1. WOW just WOW. You certainly grasped that and wrestled it into submission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel quietly pleased with myself. Not everything is complete yet - I can't retune my TV properly for example, but I have done a lot in the space of about a week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done you, you've really gone for the financial spring clean and won. I hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is quite a job, Mary. We have recently changed our cable tv service and that was a big job as well but well worth it. We are always looking for ways to save a penny and get better deals but rearranging things is a pain for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard that expression before, eating frogs but you've certainly been hard at work. Well done, very well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just means tackling something unpleasant or difficult - I like the expression (but not the activity!).

      Delete
  6. I had no idea that you had a second blog, and have been looking in vain at your other one, wondering where you were!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Elizabeth. I have just about disappeared but i am still here - rather busy as you see above! Today i am having my Sabbath and I feel as though I need withdrawal at the moment.

      Delete