Friday 15 January 2021

Reporting in at half time

It's half way through my no-spend month so I'm reporting in.  


Carrots                43p

Parsnips                49p

Peeling knife        £6.49     (wholly paid with Amazon vouchers from surveys)

Frying pan        £32.24     (£15.20 Amazon vouchers, £17.04 cash.  That hurt.)


Menus are getting more creative and the freezer is being "rationalised" but I can't claim to be starving.  Root vegetables are the essence of winter comfort food for me so the carrots and parsnips were necessary.  My non-non-stick frying an was ruining food and driving me crazy.  I tried various hacks from YouTube involving dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, vinegar and bicarb but in the end I had to give it a decent burial. 

6 comments:

  1. Such a shame about the frying pan but once its gone there is very little you can do, apart from ruin the food you are cooking in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same position as you with my non stick wok! I need a new one. Well done on your low spend month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the frying pan. Hope you can find something that meets your needs.

    Buying lots of what we call root veggies here this winter.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am certainly glad you are not starving! I don’t have any nonstick pans anymore for that very reason. I use seasoned cast iron skillets by Lodge a company that has been around forever. I have an old one that belonged to my great grandmother that I still use as well. Not really pretty anymore but it works! And nothing flaking into my food.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're living off the freezer at the moment, mainly because there was so much in there, it just needs using up really before we start again but it certainly helps keeps costs down when we do the shopping. I love root vegetables, parsnips are one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed a knife and know I must have thrown it out. I am still mad at myself.

    ReplyDelete