Sunday 1 December 2019

Reviewing November

It's been a pretty good month as far as income is concerned.  Overdue fees have been paid to me and  I had my winter heating allowance.

I've had a few big things to pay for though.  A radiator sprang a leak and ruined a carpet and although the insurers will sort it I had £100 excess to pay.  My car insurance was also payable.  Christmas presents had to be bought.  On the plus side the lower phone and broadband bill came for the first time and I didn't have much paid help.  And of course deciding not to spend on food saved a lot!

The best thing is that I managed to squirrel £455 and I'm carrying a  much larger than usual current account balance.  I want to keep extra in my current account until I have finished Christmas preparations.  My average monthly save has been £336 so far.  

Not bad.

4 comments: